Halloween Trivia-Answers below
1. When a witch is depicted in flight, she is usually shown riding a broomstick.
According to experts on witchcraft, this is not the method of flight
our ancestors depicted as being used by witches.
What implements were most often used to describe airborne witches in the middle ages?
2. The origins of Halloween can be traced to the Roman
feast of Pomona, but what Celtic festival is it more typically linked to?
3. What is Samhainophobia?
4. In addition to pumpkins and gourds,
name two other fruit or vegetables
that were traditionally carved for Halloween.
5. TRUE or FALSE: Pumpkins are monoecious fruit.
6. Pumpkins are one of the most popular
crops in the United States.
Can you name the top 5 pumpkin-producing states in the U.S.?
7. Once believed to be witch's familiars who protected their powers,
black cats are commonly associated with evil omens.
What other powers were black cats thought to possess?
8. According to Halloween folklore, this creature was
thought to swoop down and feast on the souls of the dying.
9. Continuing with folklore and superstition,
what does it mean if you see a spider on Halloween?
10. What does ignis fatuus mean and how is it associated with Halloween?
1. The magic implemented was a cleft stick, a hayfork or a shovel.
2. The Celtic festival of Samhain, or Samuin, which roughly translates to "summer's end."
3. An intense fear of Halloween.
4. Turnips and beets.
5. TRUE. Pumpkins are of the fruit species, and monoecious plants
have both male and female flowers on the same plant.
6. Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania and California.
7. Pirates of the 19th century believed that a black cat
would bring different kinds of luck.
If a black cat walked towards someone,
that person will have bad luck, away from someone then that person
will have good luck, and if the black cat walked onto a ship and then off,
the ship was doomed to sink on its next trip.
9. A dead relative is watching over you.
10. Ignis fatuus is a medieval Latin word meaning "foolish fire,"
and it is a phosphorescent light that hovers
or flits over swampy ground at night,
possibly caused by spontaneous combustion of gases
emitted by rotting organic matter.
It is also called friar's lantern, jack-o'-lantern, or will-o'-the-wisp.
Why did the vampire go to the orthodontist?
To improve his bite.
What do you get when you cross a vampire and a snowman?
Why do witches use brooms to fly on?
Because vacuum cleaners are too heavy.
How do witches keep their hair in place while flying?
With scare spray.
What do you get when you cross a werewolf and a vampire?
A fur coat that fangs around your neck.
Do zombies eat popcorn with their fingers?
No, they eat the fingers separately.
Why don't skeletons ever go out on the town?
Because they don't have any body to go out with.
What do ghosts add to their morning cereal?
What is a vampire's favorite sport?
What is a vampire's favorite holiday?
What would a monster's psychiatrist be called?
What did one ghost say to the other ghost?
"Do you believe in people?"
What do you call someone who puts poison in a person's corn flakes?
A cereal killer.
Why do mummies have trouble keeping friends?
They're so wrapped up in themselves.
What kind of streets do zombies like the best?
What does the papa ghost say to his family when driving?
Fasten your sheet belts.
What is a vampire's favorite mode of transportation?
A blood vessel...
What is a ghost's favorite mode of transportation?
What type of dog do vampire's like the best?
What is a ghoul's favorite flavor?
What does a vampire never order at a restaurant?
A stake sandwich.
What is a skeleton's favorite musical instrument?
What do birds give out on Halloween night?
Why do vampires need mouthwash?
They have bat breath.
What's a vampire's favorite fast food?
A guy with very high blood pressure.
How do you fix a jack-o-lantern?
With a pumpkin patch.
How does a girl vampire flirt?
She bats her eyes.
What did mama cannibal said to baby cannibal when he told her that he really liked his grandfather?
"Would you like another piece?"
What did the cannibal do when he saw an "All you can eat" restaurant?
He had two waiters and a busboy.
What did the french fries dress up as for Halloween?
What did the little ghost have in his rock collection?
What did the mother ghost say to the baby ghost?
"Don't spook until you're spooken to."
What did the skeleton say while riding his Harley?
I'm bone to be wild.
What do baby ghosts wear on their feet?
What do ghosts and goblins drink on Halloween?
What do ghosts put on top of an ice cream sundae?
MY OTHER HALLOWEEN PAGES:
Trick or Treat
Halloween Scary-For Kids
PLEASE SIGN MY GUESTBOOK?